CARRY PERMIT APPLICATION & INFORMATION
The Humphreys County Sheriff’s Office offers the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit class. Sheriff Davis began this program shortly after taking office in 2006. We have classes nearly once per month and sometimes more often. This class is the first step in obtaining your carry permit that is issued by the state. We are proud to host this class and feel that we offer quality training to the members of our community. Anyone 21 years of age or older are welcome. This class is on a first come first serve basis.
The cost for the class is $50.
To sign up, follow these steps:
The state has recently mandated that as of January 1, 2015 students MUST register online for the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit class being held at any approved school. Please ensure that you complete the following steps in order to sign up for a Permit Class being taught by HCSO.
1. CLICK HERE to fill out online application.
2. Students MUST retain the confirmation number that is issued after they register for the class
3. Please contact Brandy Burns at 931-296-2301 x146 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat in desired class date.
If you have trouble with the online registration, the Department of Safety helpdesk is available 9am-5pm weekdays only at: 615-313-0300 to assist in the registration.
When attending the class, you should bring the following items.
• Serviceable handgun
• 50 rounds of FACTORY loaded ammunition for the handgun that you intend to qualify with
• Eye Protection (safety glasses, prescription glasses etc.)
• Ear protection (ear muffs, ear plugs)
• Holster that fits your handgun (please remember to wear a belt)
• Ball cap or other type of brimmed hat is recommended.
• Pen/pencil and paper for taking notes
• Weather appropriate outer wear, (we shoot rain or shine)
• Your Tennessee drivers license
Please bring a lunch and or snacks (there’s a microwave in the classroom).
Do NOT bring firearms or ammunition in the classroom.